This video presents a guide of the 10 fastest high speed trains in the world.
Since decades ago, Asian and European countries have been competing to achieve the best high speed networks 🚊 in the world. Although first introduced in Japan, high-speed rail was truly established in Europe during the 80's and 90's and it continued to grow ever since. Recently, technological advancements have pushed Asian countries (especially China 🇨🇳) back to the top of the table, now overtaking Europe in all the important aspects: number of people using high-speed network 🛤, price per kilometer 💵 as well as operating and top speeds. The big outsider of this top remains America, which mainly focuses on air travel, but has recently signed a contract for the first project of high speed rail and will classify in future rankings. And since talking about outsiders, there's also a surprise 🎁 entry into this top. Enjoy the video and be ready for the high-speed revolution.
Here is the list of trains included in this video:
10. Thalys: 300km/h (186 mph)
9. Eurostar e320: 320 km/h (200 mph)
8. Korail KTX: 330 km/h (205 mph)
7. DeutscheBahn ICE: 330 km/h (205 mph)
6. Haramain Western Railway: 350 km/h (217 mph)
5. Renfe AVE: 350 km/h (217 mph)
4. Frecciarossa 1000: 354 km/h (220 mph)
3. Shinkansen H5: 360km/h (224 mph)
2. Fuxing Hao CR400AF: 400km/h (249 mph)
1. Shanghai Maglev: 430 km/h (267 mph)
Unofficial Winner: L0 Series Maglev: 603 km/h (375mph)